Instructions for use of Mediplast tape:
- Mediplast tape
- Elastoplast tape or Elastokon tape
- Nail file or pumice stone
- Cut a piece of the Mediplast tape to match the size of the area to be treated.
- Remove the backing from the Mediplast tape and apply the piece to the area to be treated.
- Secure the Mediplast tape in place by applying Elastoplast or Elastokon tape to the area. Be sure to have the ends of the piece of tape attached to the foot.
- Leave in place 3-5 days. Take it off earlier if it becomes painful. This rarely occurs.
- Gently remove the white dead skin with a nail file or pumice stone that is use only for this purpose. Stop if bleeding develops and hold pressure on the area with gauze for 5-10 minutes until bleeding stops. Stop if it is painful removing the dead skin.
- Do nothing to the area for one day.
- Repeat steps 1-6 above until problem is resolved or problem is no longer bothersome.
If you have problems or questions with the therapy, call your Healthcare provider.