Your doctor has recommended use of 17% Salicylic Acid containing liquid as an effective treatment for warts. Proper and regular application of topical 17% Salicylic Acid is essential treatment for effective removal of warts. Follow instructions carefully and refer to package insert for more information.
CAUTION: Avoid contact with eyes and unaffected areas of skin. Do not use on genital warts on or warts on the face or mucous membranes.
- Before you apply the 17% Salicyclic Acid containing liquid, soak wart in warm water for five minutes.
- Gently remove any loose tissue by rubbing with a pumice stone wash cloth or emery board.
- Dry area thoroughly. Use a towel which will not be used by others since the wart virus can be contagious.
- Apply a small amount of the 17% Salicylic Acid containing liquid with the applicator to sufficiently cover each wart. Let dry.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 daily (or twice daily) until wart is gone.
- You should see improvement within in 2 months.
Examples of 17% Salicylic Acid containing liquids:
- Compound W
- Wart Off
If you have any questions, please call your HealthCare Provider